A Guide To Salesforce Testing
Salesforce is the world’s first cloud-based CRM system. Marc Benioff and Parker Harris founded it in March 1999. The main purpose of developing this CRM platform is to help users affordably and easily sell services, marketing, analyzing, and connecting with their clients. SFDC has many standard features that help you in managing relationships with prospects and customers. It also allows you to engage and collaborate with employees and business partners for storing their data security in the cloud.
What is salesforce testing?
One great thing about salesforce is that several outbox features could be customized to suit companies’ needs. Salesforce testing is a validation of the configuration and customization form in vanilla SDFC.
The challenge is ensuring that a tester text the code that has been customized in place of testing built-in Salesforce functionality. Salesforce CRM is built on a platform development language called APEX. Developers also provide many built-in test unit cases for validating their code.
Why salesforce testing?
There are many reasons behind conducting Salesforce testing. Some of them are stated below:
- Allows you to check that the configuration and the code are functional.
- Helps you in verifying that the finished system would support the client’s business processes.
- Helps you in confirming that these systems’ initial build meets the agreed requirements.
- Helps you in catching problems early while they are easy to fix.
- Functional flows report based on the status of test cases. It allows the team to create the functional flows for knowing the functionality of the application.
- Process builder features will help you in checking the working condition and behaviour of the system.
- Workflows will allow you to check the functionality of time-based events.
Types of salesforce testing
The manual software testing process includes the testing of the app by using conventional methods. QA teams could use manual testing for executing functional testing, happy path testing, integration testing, regression testing, and system testing.
Automated testing comprises computer programs for testing the salesforce.com or force.com app. Automated testing uses tools like Selenium, Assure Click, QTP, etc.
Levels of testing in Salesforce
Following levels of testing are usually applied to salesforce.
Apex developers conduct the unit testing process. It includes writing clauses in their code that automatically test its coverage. It helps you evaluate how many data records are affected so that code word favourably runs on in that environment. For deploying Apex code into a production environment, the code coverage ratio should be a minimum of 78%.
An expert team of SDFC testing consultants performs it. It involves testing systems’ technical processes from beginning to finish. It involves test scripts based on specific outputs. It allows you to troubleshoot a problem with automated rules in the system like workflow, validation, assignment, etc.
Users who will be using the application will conduct this test. It allows testing the system’s ability to support the business processes. UAT testing follows a test script based on what happens in the business. The desired output should be that the client confirms that the system is fit for the purpose.
It is a repeat of system testing in a production environment. You are allowed to test whether the configuration and code are correctly deployed from the sandbox to the production environment or not in product testing in Salesforce. If time is left before the final project launching, the client should run through the script again after deployment.
The main objective of regression testing is testing whether the code and configuration releases are affecting existing user processes of the system. It would be conducted once an enhancement for a fix is deployed for production. The user provides a list of changes that may impact their current processes.
The testing process for salesforce
Salesforce’s testing procedure is identical to any other web-based program. The tester should have a good view of the adjustable characteristics that are constructed during the test period. Instead of incorporated Salesforce, it encourages them to concentrate on this customized code.
Developers and testers should use the Sandbox setting (Test Environment) for any single function. The code tested in the Sandbox setting is used for Sandbox processing. The QA Tester is believed to have basic skills and knowledge of the words used in Salesforce.
Salesforce testing challenges
Testing with Salesforce isn’t fast. During the process, the tester was confronted with several obstacles. Any of the following are:
- Testing specialized features such as the Visualforce, Salesforce, or Cloud Console is not a straightforward thing.
- Both the classic Lightning UI tests need to be recreated.
- Although certain basic features are not in operation, GUI checks cannot be deleted if we return to the test environment.
- Automated testing in all the research conditions.
- Problems arise when building test. salesforce screens Field Locators because certain field IDs vary from organizations.
Also read, Learn About The 7 Steps For Cloud Migration.
Best practice for SDFC testing
- Execute experiments as true user profiles
- To validate the report features, test data should be prepared
- Functional assessment, UI testing, regression testing, and system integration testing must be used.
- Special consideration should be given to the complex design of visual force pages as all web page components cannot be loaded simultaneously.
- Automation tests of software such as Selenium and HP Unified Functional Testing should be done.
- Salesforce testing should take into account positive and negative flows
- The function of users must be built and checked with workflows
Salesforce is the first cloud CRM device worldwide. Salesforce validation and customization in vanilla SDFC Validation. Test salesforce allows you to ensure the finished framework supports customer business processes. Salesforce Testing’s toughest challenge is to ensure that you test the personalization and built-in SDFC functions.
The salesforce testing is of significant importance, such as unit testing and machine testing, UAT tests and production tests and regression testing. The greatest problem for Salesforce research is to rebuild all your classic Lightning UI tests.
Salesforce testers can perform checks as true user profiles. Salesforce tests should be able to perform smoke tests to ensure that all the main functions work according to requirements. Online driver Selenium, HP Unified Functional Checking, and IDE are just essential resources for testing the salesforce.