Introduction To Salesforce Testing For Beginners In 2021
Salesforce is the world's first cloud-based CRM system. Marc Benioff and Parker Harris discovered it in March 1999. The idea of developing this CRM platform is to help users affordably and easily sell, service, market, analyse, and connect with their clients.
This introduction to Salesforce testing consists of many convenient features that help in managing the relationship with prospects and customers. It also allows users to engage and collaborate with employees and business partners to store their data securely in the cloud.
One of the greatest things about Salesforce is that many out-of-the-box features can be customised to a company's requirements. This introduction to Salesforce testing is a validation of vanilla SDFC configuration and modifications.
The main challenges in securing data are checking the code that has been customised instead of testing built-in Salesforce functionality.
Salesforce CRM is based on the APEX platform development language. It provides many built-in unit test cases for developers to validate their code.
Why Salesforce testing?
Below are some prime reasons behind conducting Salesforce testing tools:
- It allows us to check if the configuration and code are functional.
- Helps in verifying the finished system that can support clients' business processes.
- Helps to confirm that the system's initial build meets great requirements.
- Helps in catching problems early while they are easy to fix.
- Functional flow reports are based upon the status of test cases. It allows team members to create functional flows and to know the functionality of an application.
- The process builder features allow checking the working condition and behaviour of a system.
- Workflows allow checking the functionality of events that are time based.
Types of Salesforce testing
The manual software testing procedure includes standard ways of evaluating Salesforce.com apps. QA teams could use manual testing to execute functional testing, happy path testing, integration testing, regression testing, and system testing.
2. Automated testing
Automated testing includes computer programmes for testing salesforce.com or force.com apps. Selenium, Assure Click, QTP, and other automated testing technologies are utilised.
Levels of testing in Salesforce
The following levels of testing usually apply in Salesforce:
- Unit testing
Apex developers conduct unit testing procedures. It is and they write clauses in their codes that automatically test their coverage.
It helps in evaluating how many records of data are affected, so the code will successfully run in that environment.
When releasing Apex code into a production environment, your code coverage ratio should be at least 78%.
- System testing
A professional team of Salesforce testing tools consultants performs system testing, which includes testing the technical procedures of systems from start to finish.
It entails writing a test script based on certain output and allowing you to diagnose a problem in the system using automated rules, such as workflow. It consists of a test script based on particular output and helps you to diagnose a problem in the system using automated rules such as workflow, validation, assignment, and so on.
- UAT testing
UAT testing is performed by users who will use the application and allows testing of a system's ability to support the business processes.
UAT testing adheres to a test script based on what occurs in the business. The expected outcome is for the client to affirm that the system is fit for its purpose.
- Production testing
Production testing is a rerun of system testing in a real-world setting. Production testing in Salesforce allows you to determine whether or not configuration and codes were successfully deployed from the sandbox to the production environment. If there is still time until the final project's launch, the client should execute the UAT script again after deployment.
- Regression testing
The primary aim of regression testing is to determine whether or not new code and configuration releases influence current system user operations. It is carried out after an intensification of the repair has been put to production. The user offers a list of potential modifications that might affect their existing operations.
You may also like What Is MFT Software? 10 Managed File Transfer Automation Software Tool
The introduction to Salesforce testing process
The testing search process is very similar to that of any other web-based application.A test should have a very clear prospect of customisable features built during the test procedure to help them focus on the customised code instead of the built-in Salesforce features.
For each of these purposes, developers and testers should use a sandbox environment. Tested code in the sandbox environment is station to production from the sandbox environment. It is then believed that a QA tester has basic knowledge and understanding of the terms used in Salesforce.
Test challenges for Salesforce
The introduction to Salesforce testing resume isn't an easy process. A tester will face many challenges during the process. Some of them are:
- It isn't an easy task to test advanced features like visualforce, Salesforce or service cloud console.
- You should recreate all your classic tests for the lightning UI.
- Some standard functionalities can not be removed, even if they are not in use.
- GUI tests will not work after switching to the test environment.
- All automated tests should be able to work in all test environments.
- Run tests as though they were genuine user profiles.
- Test data should be collected in order to validate the report's functioning.
- Functional testing, user interface testing, regression testing, and system integration testing must all be included in the testing procedure.
- Because not all components of a webpage may be loaded at the same time, the dynamic character of visual force sites should be taken into account.
- For automated testing, Selenium with HP Unified Functional Testing should be utilised.
- Salesforce testers should evaluate both positive and negative flows.
- To create and test user roles, workflows must be utilised.
This introduction to Salesforce testing resume offers a committed network of developers and testers to whom you may reach out in times of need.
SalesForce can be accessed via a web browser, eliminating the need to install additional hardware or software, making it an excellent solution for businesses globally. Career advancement opportunities for SalesForce platform testers are many.
Testers can further their careers on the SalesForce platform by obtaining SalesForce.com administration certification or SalesForce.com developer certification.