Integration testing with Docker commands
We would explain by dwelling deeper into the knowledge in testing and thus begin the career in the area. We’ll explain it in brief.
System Integration Testing (SIT) includes the overall testing of multiple subsystem components or elements for a full system. System integration testing in the sense of information systems and software engineering is a testing method that exercises the coexistence of a software system with others.
How you can load applications on your host machine without the responsibility of having to manually install and manage them is what draws many developers to Docker. This ensures that complex applications like databases ( e.g. Postgres), messaging systems ( e.g. Kafka), and monitoring systems (e.g. Prometheus) can be loaded, but not limited to them. All this is achieved by uploading a collection of images describing the program and all its dependencies.
You can make your Docker Compose file come into life with a single docker run command.
The story about certification in Integration Testing:
Certification in software testing began in the UK with the British Computer Society’s Information Systems Examination Board (ISEB) when a software testing commission appeared in 1998 (www.bcs.org.uk/iseb).
In 2002, ASQF in Germany began supporting a tester qualification scheme(www.asqf.de).
The ISTQB certificate is the most renowned and complete in the area of software testing.
Study materials are available for download from the certification website. The exam is available in other languages, following rules consistently.
This evaluation focuses on the quality of tests, presenting the text in an organized way in modules for easy understanding.
Thus, making it easier to obtain the certificate faster and more agile, not forgetting essential subjects for success in the IT market.
The new ISTQB product portfolio follows an approach characterized by Levels (Foundation, Advanced, Expert) and Flows (Core, Agile, Specialist).
Levels identify the increase in the course of applied content and the learning objective (LOS) and The Streams identify the groupings of the certification modules.
The story about certification:
Core — These modules correspond to ISTQB’s “historical” certifications:
- Cover the software testing topic broadly.
- They are valid for any technology domain, methodology, or application.
- They allow a common understanding.
Agile — these modules address testing practices specifically for Agile SDLC
Specialist — These modules are new to the ISTQB product portfolio and address specific
Topics, which means that:
- They are built using a deep-dive, drill-down approach They can address specific quality characteristics (e.g., Usability, Security, Performance, etc.).
- It can address technologies that involve specific test approaches (for example, model-based testing, mobile testing, etc.).
- They may be related to specific test activities (for example, test automation, test metrics management, etc.)
- They can group test knowledge into application domains that deserve or require a specific approach (e.g., automotive, pharmaceutical, and medical, gambling; etc.)
Preconditions between certifications
There are preconditions related to certification exams, providing natural progression through the ISTQB Certification scheme, which helps people choose the right certification.
- The ISTQB Core Foundation is a precondition for any other certification.
- The additional rules for ISTQB preconditions are summarized below:
- Core-Foundation is a prerequisite for Core-Advanced.
Core-Foundation is the standard prerequisite for Specialist-Foundation certifications unless specified differently in the specific module. From now on, all Specialist-Foundation certifications require Core-Foundation as a prerequisite Any Specialist-Advanced or Specialist-Expert module that is linked to a lower-level Specialist module must apply for lower-level certification.
Expert modules must require certification at the corresponding Advanced level.
Any Specialist-Advanced module that is not linked to a lower-level Specialist module must require Core-Foundation as a prerequisite.
Benefits for certified software testers:
- Gain knowledge and skill independently;
- Increases your chance in the job market where most testers are not trained;
- Have a recognized certificate in your curriculum which adds credibility to the company that will contact you;
- Being recognized and guided by a code of ethics;
- Benefits for employers:
- Count on a professional or team qualified for any type of test resulting in quality, knowledge and less expense for uncovered tests;
- Team with knowledge of theory and practice raise the level of the company, resulting in large and intellectually enriching projects;
- The certificate guarantees an up-to-date professional with the latest innovations at the time of testing;
BSTQB certificate differences
Common Language: The content offers a language that is easy to understand for both people with experience in the area or not;
Global Recognition: The certificate includes a policy consistent with procedures by boards of BSTQB members;
Professional Situation: The professional who holds the certificate will be well seen and recognized in companies, which increases the chance of effective hiring;
Knowledge Base for Software
Test Certification Syllabus forms the knowledge base for International Software Testing Qualification, both for the fundamental level (CTFL) and for the advanced level (CTAL).
Fundamental Level Certification is available to anyone involved in software testing.
This includes people in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test manager, the user who performs acceptance testing, and software developers.
This level of certification is also appropriate for anyone who wants to acquire a foundation of understanding about software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors, and consultants.
Those who achieve certification will be able to seek a higher level of software testing qualification.
Training providers who use the syllabus as a reference in their courses can be authorized by a national committee (board) recognized by ISTQB, in Brazil only the BSTQB.
An authorize course follows this syllabus, and an ISTQB perform an exam to all part of the course.
The Advance Level Certification is intended for the person who, in addition to being certified at the fundamental level, also has proven experience in the area of software testing.