6 Best Practices To Build A Live Streaming App
Video streaming apps have become very popular in the past few years, with the growing perception of smartphones. It is no surprise. Thanks to limitless borders of live streaming that we can visit events, conferences, and concerts while staying at home.
It opens new experiences for us, features of new things shows us new cultural ideas and lets us work better with other people and products and expand our horizons. Top live streaming apps will be divided into two main categories depending on their functions:
Apps for video streaming – these apps are all about video playback. The videos are uploaded to a server where there are two for an unlimited amount of time; each user can view them with us anytime and anywhere. In other words, it does not matter when the video is uploaded.
Apps for live video broadcasting – applications of design for online broadcasts. It indicates that videos that are not uploaded to the server will stop; instead, they are not caused directly with the subscribers and views or stored on our server, turning them into video streaming apps or are not stored.
Top 4 live broadcasting apps
Are four of the most widely utilized live broadcasting apps in the United States, according to Statista:
- YouTube live streaming – YouTube offers a live streaming option on its application by a graphic user interface similar to its video streaming options. For example, people are allowed to search for live broadcasts on the same search for recorded videos. Streamers have multiple options, such as video optimization, DVR, delay settings, and archiving. Besides, it also provides a direct mail technician channel by Google AdSense.
- Facebook live – Facebook like was launched in 2006, and the app has gained a huge amount of popularity. The first Facebook live video was available only for celebrities, and now everyone can stream live video using it. With FB live, people can go online for up to 90 minutes. Besides when the live is over, you have an option to upload videos to their Facebook profile where they can stay permanently.
- Life stories – life stories are a streaming platform provided by Snapchat that strings with you from big events happening worldwide. Any user can add their snap to your life with you for making up an all-around City story.
- Periscope – video-based social media platform introduced into the world. The app has been 1 million following the first ten days, and its main idea is to let people see the words with the eyes of other people.
Six practices for designing live-streaming apps
If we are inspired by the success of live streaming apps and decide to build our application, here are the six best practices that will help us get started while building the minimum viable product for our app. What is an MVP? An MVP incorporates all the crucial features of testing our business and evaluating how our audience reacts for future development.
- Provides value to users
Before we type into development, we should think about what we want to deliver and our products’ value. Cool technology is not enough as our product is required to have the significance of potential users. Either by providing them with an experience and making life easier, entertaining them, challenging them, and connecting them enables them to perform something that they have not been able to do before. When we have figured out what we want to do, we are ready to take a step forward.
- Choose a video streaming method
For the first version of the app, live broadcasting is enough. It indicates that the video is not stored on the server, and users will not access the streams later. We might at 80 later function for further development to enable the users to watch the broadcast after they are finished. For making it real, We require storage and a large one. We can take advantage of cloud servers since they permit flexibility if our number of users grows or fluctuates, and they are less pricey.
- Choose the right platform
The very first step is using the operating system for which we will be developing. If we have unlimited resources, we should create them for all. But since we want to focus on one of the two most popular operating systems, IOS and Android. Creating an app in the US market is a great idea to build an iOS app.
- Add features that will make us stand out.
Live streaming app is a method of stamping ourselves as an innovative and one kind of service. Features such as 360 degrees with you or even a virtual reality technology will provide a to b unparalleled user experience. If we implement search functionality in our app, we shall make ourselves stand out in the market.
- Make registration accessible
When developing our product should consider performing registration by using social network profiles. Apple dropped the required information from the existing user profiles to ease the procedure of registration. It is a very simple process as more users will register. Simultaneously searching features can attract more new customers who might see their social network connections using the app.
We should also offer another way of registering if someone doesn’t want to connect by using their social network. But anyway, users should have only one way to write with. It is also recommended to add password recovery functions as most people tend to forget their passwords.
- Enable setting up personal profiles
Personal profiles will involve users and also let us in knowing their uses and interest in the app. If we add a news feed, this could turn our live streaming application into a social one. So always examine what information the user wants to add to the profile. At the primary stage, a username should be enough. If required, later, users can extend their details by adding information like date of birth, streaming games, subscribers, subscriptions, profile picture, etc.
Only a summary of how to develop a live streaming app. Many obstacles will arise wild developing and marketing earning app. Hence, we need to research and learn what is new in the field constantly. It will also inspire us with new ideas.